Primary Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Mid Management
Req ID: MS-20200901
An opportunity exists in FPI Security Calgary, AB, Canada office for a highly motivated Security Manager, to join our growing team. We are actively looking for a Managerial position in Security Consulting & advisory role.
In this role, you will be responsible to provide leadership and training to security guards, ensuring proper security of People, Information & Property at new existing & sites. Understanding and applying applicable industry and government regulations, contracts, and requirements. This role is also responsible for creating a security awareness program and implementing it in FPI Security.
Stakeholder management, coordination, communication is required soft skills towards developing and maintaining new and existing clients.
- This leadership role will be responsible for providing security advisory and consulting services
- Providing daily and long-term strategic direction, management and guidance to the staff and operations of the Safety & Security department.
- Conducting ongoing review and development of Security policies, procedures and best industry practices including crime prevention processes, guest relations techniques.
- Determining the staffing requirements and set the authorized strength of the Safety & Security department to ensure effective and equitable Security staff recruitment, interviews, and selection processes.
- Working in collaboration with Company's IT department to oversee the property's security surveillance systems, emergency responses and communication programs and enhanced security technological industry advances.
- Manage and respond to critical incidents by coordinating staff for fast, proactive response.
- Acting as a member of the Company’s leadership team while providing essential reports and information to the company stakeholders.
- Review incident reports and investigate security issues as required
- Perform hands-on security duties and provide back-up support in cases of unscheduled security guard absences.
- Ensure security related Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) requirements are being met.
- Stakeholder management & participation in business development, Liaise with clients and address security requests and issues
- Any other duties as required.
CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience overseeing a large staff, with managerial level experience within the private security industry.
- Minimum 5 years of security supervisory role experience in law enforcement, RCMP, Police is an asset. Previous experience in managing large scale facility in mid to senior management level is an asset.
- Must have active Security Services and Investigation Act (SSLA) License and be conversant in all aspects of legal procedures and protocols within the security industry.
- Coaching and leadership training are assets and applicants must have a progressive mindset and be able to promote a positive and inclusive/diversified working environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills to prepare formal written business communications, presentation skills, & public speaking.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office programs and ready to adopt/learn new software and evolving technology in the workplace.
- Must be of good character and be one who acts in a lawful and ethical manner.
- First Aid and CPR Training is asset.
- Have a valid class 5 driver's license
- Proserv certification is an asset.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Consulting position that generally works regular office hours.
- Position requires flexibility to provide appropriate support and direction to a 24 hour a day 7 day a week working team.
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience level